The ReImagining Podcast
With Theodore Richards
Re-imagining is a place for people who believe that the stories of the Modern world no longer sustain us, bringing us to brink of catastrophe – ecologically, economically, spiritually. Our troubles cannot be solved merely through technology, or even politics; rather, we need to re-imagine what it means to be human. We seek new stories, new poetics, new ideas – and we put our ideas and stories into action. This work requires the wisdom of those at the margins, and by those with the courage to imagine a new world.
In each episode, we explore our world through a different lens with a guest who is reimagining the world in a new way.
Our Statement of Intent:
- The planet and humanity are at a moment of crisis and opportunity, and of transition.
- Because we are entering into a unknown future, imagination is paramount.
- This moment requires new stories, new narratives, new creative works that express this re-imagining.
- We believe that these narratives must challenge and confront the injustices of our day. These include injustices that arise from inequitable economic systems; the concept of race; and ecological destruction.
- The crisis of the moment is an educational crisis. That is, we must re-imagine educational processes in order to re-imagine our narratives.
- We welcome educators, poets, philosophers, activists and writers who are interested in re-imagining our selves and our relationship to the planet.
- Re-imagining is a place not so much to find quick answers to find definitive solutions. Rather, it is a place to ask Big Questions, to explore possibilities, and to imagine a new world.
Episode 1 – 2021
ReImagining the Mess
A Conversation With Todd Hoskins
A Conversation With Bill Ayers
A Conversation With Lola Wright
ReImagining Mental Fitness and Health
A Conversation With Erika Kendrick
A Conversation With Matthew Fox
A Conversation With tree turtle
ReImagining Our Neighborhoods